Monday, August 17, 2009

The fear of Tiger may be over



Ok, so I picked Phil to win the PGA Championship, I was wrong. Phil played extremely bad, he still made the cut which was better than Tiger did in the British Open, but he wasn’t good. I’ll bet there weren’t to many people who were right or had even heard of Y.E. Yang before he stared down Tiger and beat him yesterday. So again I didn’t get the winner right but my logic was spot on. I saw how in the Masters and US Open Tiger was in contention on Sunday but was beaten by both his playing partner and the winner in both tournaments. I said Phil would be in the final group with Tiger and beat him. If you substitute Y.E. Yang for Phil I had the ending pegged. The era of everyone throwing up on themselves when Tiger is within a couple of strokes is over. It has now been 6 majors without a win for Tiger and he is now 33 years old. I do think he will win 4 majors and own the record for most major titles but I don’t think it will be easy. History says that once a player reaches 35 he doesn’t win many majors after that, and there have only been a couple of winners who were over 40. Tiger needs to win one a year for the next 4 years which will put him at 37 and before you say it is automatic, remember he didn’t win one this year. I heard a media member say after the first round that you didn’t even need to watch, Tiger has this one and that he would win the next three for a Tiger slam. It is a good thing golf is won by having the best score and not judged like boxing or Tiger would never lose.

No comments: